At this time, we are seeking an Clinical Nurse Liaison/Marketing for our Skilled Nursing Unit to join our team!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Receives referral inquiry from providers, facilities or any customer source and acts on it per Company policies and procedures.
- Provides onsite clinical assessment service to referring providers. Assessments will determine if the patient’s needs appropriately match services provided by the Five Star community.
- Meets with residents and families to discuss the transfer process, anticipated treatment, expected outcome and financial implications.
- Determines the special needs of the resident (i.e. equipment, staff) and creates cost effective solutions.
- Communicates transfer, admission, clinical and financial information to appropriate facility staff members. Ensures that the facility is prepared for the admission.
- Obtains the necessary information (medical and financial) to provide information relevant to the completion of the initial MDS, including back-up documentation from the hospital as support.
- Assists facility staff with the completion of admission and pre-certification paperwork and physician follow-up.
- Effectively manage relationships to achieve positive process with referral sources within the referring providers. The position is the primary source for information regarding current services.
- Conducts regular visits to referring hospitals to build and maintain relationships with Discharge Planners, Case Managers, Physicians and others to ensure that the company is responding promptly and is meeting their long term care placement needs. Additionally, regular visits should serve as educational service in which the hospital learns of Five Star’s new, enhanced or existing services and capabilities.
- Coordinate tours at facilities for referral sources.
- Coordinates tours and admissions conferences for potential residents and their families
- Expected to be outside the building 90% of the work day building and maintaining professional relationships.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A valid unrestricted R.N or L.P.N License
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferred.
- Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse licensed in good standing in the state in which services are provided.
- Five years of general nursing experience with at least two years in a long term care setting and two years of nursing administration experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and effectively work in multiple locations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate professionally and positively with referral sources, prospective residents, families, corporate, regional and community staff.
- Excellent clinical assessment skills.
- Demonstrated work history of being a self-starter, working independently with minimum daily direction or supervision, with results oriented goals and expectations.
- Demonstrated work history of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment physical examination, if required.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.